Thursday, 17 April 2014


I've been on about making it since I started the blog but I finally got the rudder glued up today. Its through bolted with M12 galvanised rods and glued with epoxy. I would have prefered to use the resorcinol but I would have to order more especially and I happen to have the epoxy for another little project in the pipeline.
I've also glued up some iroko pieces to make the mast chocks from. I wanted to make them this way so that when the mast is wedged it won't split them along the grain.

This band is riveted through the rudder and were pretty tough to drive out

Improvising because of a clamp shortage, This one is for the mizzen mast

And of course it had to be polished up despite the fact it will be anti-fouled in a weeks time

No comments:

Post a Comment