I finally got a few days dry enough to get the last 2 coats on them and I moved them back to the big shed and refitted the hardware to them. They only fittings that remain off are the mast fittings as its hanging up out of the way and I don't want to move it until its going to the boatyard.
We also fitted the Bobstay and bumpkin stay fittings, the engine bed screws and drilled the driveshaft for the prop nut cotter pin.
I primed the last of the bare interior wood last week and Ken gave it the first coat of undercoat on Friday, I gave it a second coat on Saturday and finish coated it all today. So the next day I will refit all the bunk tops and engine cover and hang all the side panel doors.
I've made washboards and an interior step which I'm in the process of varnishing and finished off the deck/stem joint by letting in a piece of iroko and caulking it in place so once I hinge the forehatch the boat should be ok out in the open. Although the weather isn't exactly inspiring me to remove the tent at the moment.
|Bolted through the stem with 8 inch bolts, Its going nowhere|
|Plate for the beaching legs|
|Engine cooling intake fitted and Red lead over the engine bed screws|
|This by right should have been done differently but I didn't realise it in time.|
|This is what I should have done in the first place and run the deck forward over the apron/stem joint then caulked it or put a bead along the join|