Tuesday 23 July 2013

Glandore 2013

Ok so I down right missed Glandore but these little deadlines are really just for motivation
anyway. I had hoped to get to the Ballydehob festival as a back up but that is a few weeks
earlier this year so I won't make that either so as festivals go it will be Baltimore next year
for a first appearance. The aim now is really just to get afloat in the coming weeks and
continue with rigging etc, If I get her out for a sail this year it will be a big bonus but we'll
see how it goes.
Anyway I got out on Ann Again at the weekend for the parade of sail which was nice and
spent a good part of the evening hanging around Glandore. There was a good turn out of
boats with a few big yachts such as the Jolie Brise and the Solway Maid making an appearance.
Baltimore's new Tamar class lifeboat came round for a few hours and showed her stuff on the
way out. I reckon she was out of the harbour in about 3 minutes, It usually takes me about
15 mins to do the same in the Boy Scott.
I tried to avoid taking any photos but on the run in I couldn't resist taking a few.


Three time Fastnet race winner 'Jolie Brise'



Hegarty built lobster boat ' Saoirse Muireann'

At least I look strangely happy

Captain Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment