Monday 5 May 2014

Launch plan

Ok so we have a plan. The rig should be going up on Friday and if the weather behaves we will launch her on Saturday after lunch. At the moment there is a SW gale forecast for Saturday but its a long way off for that to be accurate. If Saturday doesn't work out then we'll change to Monday.
I'm getting as much done as possible this week before she goes in.
I've put diesel in and started the engine. The wiring is more or less finished and pumps, nav lights and sounder are all working and the engine is starting off the key. I'm varnishing the sole boards and have made templates for the worktops. I test fitted the mizzen mast and bobkin, made and fitted a battery box ( Out of plywood :( First bit in the boat but I thought it acceptable enough ) and I've made the side panels for the engine and lined it all with sound deadening. The main thing to be done is to buy and fit a new manual bilge pump and I need a topsail halyard before the mast goes up. Everything else is minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment