Friday, 2 May 2014


The rigging was in Teals cockpit this morning so I brought it home and on the way picked up a half gallon of Boiled Linseed Oil, I was hoping I would be able to soak it in maybe 2 goes but clearly not. I'll twist it round between now and tomorrow evening and then stretch it all out to dry for a couple of days. Then I need to tape and whip the eyes on the top and get them all fitted to the mast.
The shrouds have been left long and we will temporarily clamp them in place when the mast goes up. The guy who made them will then swage them properly when he's around. I'm very pleased with them. Hoping the rig will be up this time next week. May even launch next weekend ! Maybe !

I got these re-galvanised but then I was given a huge quantity of Hemple 2 pack paint so I gave them a coat to pretty them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment