Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Plugging and painting

I sealed over the stem bolts with stikaflex today and then glued in dry oak plugs with
epoxy so that should keep the bolts well protected , now I can finish fairing
off the stem the next day when the epoxy has set, I also glued the scarf joint on the last
plank I put in, and plugged over the sternpost bolts as well.
Ken vacuumed out inside the boat and finished sanding the sections between the sawn
frames and we gave it all a coat of primer so its ready for the steamed ribs.
I also started refastening some of the badly stepped planking and it all pulled back in to
shape quite nicely although I now need to order some more silicone bronze screws when
I can find some money to pay for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment