Saturday 16 February 2013

Steamed ribs comin' out

I fitted another plank last Wednesday and Ken and myself went down today and got a
good bit done.
I set about fitting another plank and Ken went removing steamed ribs. While the plank
was in the steamer I glued on a new plank edge to an existing plank to make up for a
wide caulking seam.
Only the planks above each garboard left to do now, although I have two other bits which
may be changed before we get to caulking but there not too bad and its more a case of
changing them as we're at it.
Inside looks much neater now most of the messy ribs are gone. New ones are in the making
at http://www.btswales.co.uk/ who are also sending us our copper rivets, They provide a
ready made ribs service so when they arrive they are the right size in green oak and ready
to be steamed which means we have no waste.






No comments:

Post a Comment