Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Day 11

Had a productive day today, I set myself one job to do and that was to fit the rubbing strip.
Only problem with that was I first had to fit the chainplates and to do that I had to make new
backing blocks. It was also a bit of a pain to fit them without someone inside to hold the blocks
so they all had to be screw in place and then drilled. All in all that took half the day and I didn't
think I would ever get the rubbing strip on but it went well and I was granted some extra time in
the evening to get finished.
I was afraid I would have to steam them in to place but they bent in quite easily. I bedded them
in stikaflex to make such the deck hull joint is 100% sealed so now I am destroyed in the stuff
but the boat looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment