Monday 5 August 2013

Day 10

Today was cockpit framing. Had to think long and hard about how best to do it.
I ended up putting in a partial stringer to carry the beams. The bridge deck beams
are screwed up into the carling, I would have bolted them up through the beam shelf
had the deck not been in place already so what I am going to do instead is bolt them
to the beam shelf with steel brackets which I will have to make up. Probably something
like sections of 2" angle iron. The deck bridge should help the stiffness of the hull if its well
bolted in place.
I also painted inside the cabin and fitted one of the portlights. The toerails, rubbing strips
and some of the beading is ready to be fitted. I also have all the chainplates painted and ready
to refit. Teals chainplates were originally inboard but Andy Ranking fitted new ones to the
outside of the hull which is exactly where I'll be keeping them, less problematic and look much
better in my opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment