Monday, 16 September 2013

Drilling a hole.

Yea that was about it today, I spent a lot of time measuring and thinking and in the end I
drilled a hole. Its the pilot hole for the sterntube, I wanted to drill a pilot hole so I could run
a dowel through and get measurements for the prop and the block that needs to be shaped
to carry the sterntube.
The dowel wasn't straight enough so I ran twine through it instead and got all my measurements.
The prop I have is a bit big so I will find out about having it altered and I need to get some teak
and glue it up for the block. The shaft and sterntube I got will do nicely.

The coupling will sit just forward of the sawn frame, the front of the engine will be where the plywood is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment