Thursday, 3 October 2013

Engine beds

I got hold of some teak the other day and managed to get the bridge deck top and transverse
piece of the engine beds glued up.
Today I lined up the engine beds and fastened them in place, the bearers just need coach bolting
down. and the engine can be dropped in. Dropped in sounds a bit easy as I have absolutely no
idea how I'm going to get it into the boat, but where theres a will theres a way.
I marked out a few pieces of the cockpit, I have the teak for the cockpit sole boards and I have a
few other bits to get ready before I get hold of the sheeting. I'd like to get the engine in before the
cockpit is done now so I don't have to lower it through the hatch.
I also got a good part of the bilge coated in Danboline.

No comments:

Post a Comment