varnish on the mast, the weather is nice and dry but cold so I won't know until tomorrow whether
it will stay gloss or not.
I made up the bulkhead for the fore cabin out of the remains of the deck material which there was
just about enough of, I had to put a few joints in some of them but they will all be hidden by the time
I'm finished. I used up the rest of the red deal I had on bits of the interior, I need to get some more
when I can. I'm actually really surprised how big the interior feels, I thought it would feel small with
the bulkhead in but its as if there is a whole other room instead. It might just be that the space is starting
to make sense. Either way I'm very pleased with it.
I was going to finish this evening by filling the seams in the cockpit floor. I had taped up the hatch ready
to go and opened the sealant only to find the whole tube which I bought this morning was rock solid.
I was planning on refitting the engine seacock and filling around the sterntube with sealant but I didn't
get round to it so I will do that the next day, I need to make and fit a new limpet for the depth sounder as well while I have sealant open
|I made the center boards up into a hatch, I'm going to get some flat brass to go around the edge to help keep water out, I made up the center strip as well.|
|My fore cabin. Ken may have a share in the boat but I'm claiming the forecabin, Right !|
|The Cornstore which houses the AK Ilen|
I was switching off the power a couldn't resist the picture although I didn't do it any justice.
|This one looks much nicer on my computer, I don't know why blogger does weird things to dark photos.|
It was nice because all the rooks were flying in