Tuesday 10 July 2012

Fitting the keel

Checking the fit with the ballast

All lined up nicely,
A quick sharpening of the bit
We clamped the keel to the ballast and drilled about 2 inches into it to get the correct position and angle for the keel bolts

Trying to clear rust out of the iron

We then turned it over to drill the rest of the way through, A bit of WD40 to keep things moving

Even with two powerful drills we ended up using a vice grip and bar to turn the bit.  Actually drilled quite quickly with it.

The keel right where it belongs and the deadwood resting on top

Keel in, floors laid in place
The keel rebate meeting the stem rebate, The stem will be changed soon and halfed into the keel but its great it lined up

No comments:

Post a Comment