Sunday 16 August 2015

Fastnet to Baltimore

I hove too at the Fastnet and ate my lunch and savoured the moment a little before turning and heading for Baltimore. I managed to sail for a mile or two before the wind dropped off entirely and left me cooking in the sun.
I motored back almost to North harbour in Cape Clear. A little pleasure boat was making its way back with its little auxiliary after presumably breaking down at the Fastnet. She left me for dirt.
From there on I got to sail on and off and ended up having a nice sail back through the catalogues, down the sound and avoiding the dinghy's in Baltimore harbour. It had to be one of the most glorious days of the Summer as a bonus.


I wanted to get this photo with a while. A long while. 


A self portrait just because I was in my element

Cape Clear from the West



No comments:

Post a Comment