We set today aside to make a start on the mast. We also went through the running and
standing rigging and sussed out what was what and what we need to replace. It seems
that we are only missing the jib and foresail halyards and the bobstay needs replacing.
The rest is serviceable.
We split the wider planks of Douglas fir and ran it all through the surfacer so its now
ready for me to go ahead with the scarf joints. I also need to set up stands the full
length of the mast for working on.
As well as Teals mast I'm also building a 30ft mast and a 17ft boom for someone
else at the same time so thats why there is so much timber.
Post a Comment