Thursday 1 May 2014

Cabin sole

I bought some iroko this morning and spent the evening marking and cutting out the sole-boards.
They are fitting fine so I've brought them home for sanding and varnishing. The outer boards will be fixed down and a section of the center aft of the mast will be removeable so I need to give it a run on the planer to give it some more clearance.
As soon as I got home I got a call to say the new standing rigging is at the yard and Ken has ordered the leather for the gaff saddle and bowsprit traveller so all the necessary parts are nearly in place.

Hopefully there are enough off cuts to make the two worktops. I'm going extend the red bilge paint a bit further up so that it is all red up as far as the bunk bases

No comments:

Post a Comment